I normally only blog to give updates. However, I am passionate about this subject. I passionately HATE potty training! Even when it goes well, it is a whooping.
Top Ten Reasons I Hate Potty Training
1. I hate being obsessed about someone elses urine and poo.
2. I hate having to jump out of bed the second I hear them wake up so I can put them on the pot.
3. I hate being a cheerleader for pee and poo, especially when I have to cheer every 45 minutes.
4. I hate the humiliating accidents in public. This has only happened to me once but it scarred me for life. (Andrew pee'd while sitting in the high chair at Pei Wei. This was no little tinkle this was a second Noah's flood. I am sure everyone was quite disgusted around us.
5. I hate being manipulated by a 2 year old. They all intuitively know the power they have over you.
6. I hate accidents on carpet, enough said.
7. I hate holding a toddler girl over a public toilet for what seems like an eternity while she contemplates whether she really wants to pee or not.
8. I hate cleaning potty chairs and pooped in underwear.
9. I hate how a 2 year old can turn 1/2 a cup of juice into a gallon of urine.
10. My top reason I hate potty training is how much it reveals my flesh. I try so hard to be patient and calm but potty training always gets the best of me. I hate the anger I feel. I hate the pride issues it brings out in me. Potty training always shows me how much refining work that is left to be done within my spirit.
3 comments:
That gave me a very much needed laugh!! And AMEN, I am with you! Luckly, after this one you are done!! Four kids potty trained you should really celebrate when she gets completely trained. I better start strengthening my arms, I forgot about holding a girl up in public, I still remember my mom holding me up telling me not to touch anything. You are awesome!!
Hey girl...let me know if you are interested in using the potty training technique used for kids with autism. It takes a couples days to a week and they're done. It's pretty intense for a few days, but apparently it really works well! Some of my client's parents used it with their typical kids as well and had great success...-shannon d
Great post and pic!
Number 9 made me laugh so hard I almost fell out of my chair!
I'm a bit nervous about starting with Gabe...It's comforting to know that even though some people tell me "Oh, you can do it in ONE DAY, NO PROBLEM!" that it'll be okay if it actually takes time to teach this skill!!!
Thanks so much for the talk the other day. I can't tell you how encouraging it was to talk to you.
And just think, the upside is, after Katie, you'll be home free!!!
Post a Comment